Coming to Nassau this fall? Congratulations! You may not realize it, but you've made a really smart decision.
How smart? Let's see:
1. Low tuition. No matter how you slice it, Nassau is a bargain in the dollars and cents department. Where else can you go to college for roughly $4000 a year? Where else can you complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree for maybe $8000? What's more, if you do well in your classes at NCC and pay attention to scholarship announcements (and Nassau awards plenty of scholarship money), you can "earn" back some of that tuition you've paid before you even graduate.
2. Convenient Classes. Like starting your day early? Enjoy taking classes at 8 a.m. (maybe even earlier)? Or would you rather go to school later in the morning or maybe in the afternoon or evening? Either way, it's your call at NCC. Classes here start at practically all hours--as early as 6:30 a.m., as late as 9:25 p.m. There are even classes on Saturdays and Sundays for people who are busy Monday through Friday.
3. Small Classes. You know those stories you've heard about classes with hundreds of students crammed into huge lecture halls? You won't find classes anywhere near that large at Nassau. In fact, your largest class may be no more than 35 students--with enrollments in most classes in the neighborhood of 20 or 25. NCC may enroll a lot of students overall, but you won't see big numbers in your classes.
4. Lots of Academic Choices. Still trying to figure out your career path? Nassau offers more than fifty different curriculum options, including some you've probably never thought about. Many serve as the first two years of a bachelor's degree, while others prepare you to start a career right after graduation. Plenty of opportunities here to find your direction.
5. Terrific services. At some colleges, students are on their own when it comes to getting their questions answered, finding extra help in their classes, checking out careers, or untangling personal concerns. Not so at NCC. There's a whole menu of campus services available, some academic, some personal--all free. All you have to do is ask for help.
6. Plenty of "extras." A ton of student clubs, a popular intramurals program, competitive sports teams, ski trips, concerts, parties, karaoke-fests, films, great campus theatre, lectures by well-known figures (including celebs), an art gallery featuring student work--the list of great out-of-class activities at NCC goes on and on. And most are free. Just show up at the right time and place and take it all in.
A good deal all around? That's Nassau--a college where you can get a solid education, find a career path, get the support you need, and have the time of your life in the process.